[PSUBS-MAILIST] trailer mod

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jan 5 17:56:49 EST 2019

Hi All, as work on E3000 is nearing completion, I am starting my new trailer for the sub.  I was going to make a reel trailer but decided I don't want to add another trailer to my fleet.  I decided to add  a hydraulic sling with an 8000 lb winch on top to an existing  trailer.  I can just back down the ramp until the trailer axel is near the water level, then drop the trailer legs.  I hit the hydraulic start button and the sub is lifted and slung over and into the water.  The winch is remote controlled and lowers the sub down the rest of the way.  Lucky me, because i have all the steel and hydraulic components already.  It will be nice to work on something different.Hank