[PSUBS-MAILIST] SeaQuestor progress.

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jan 6 01:20:51 EST 2019

Rick,
I used a stick welder & ... can't remember the rod I used as the hot wire.
Very fast & foam temporarily caught on fire a number of times.
I got it in the ball park with the hot wire then used a wire brush & a rough
grade sand paper to finish. If you use the wire too hot the polystyrene surface
gets a plastic sheen that makes it harder to work with the brush & sandpaper.
I once made a 1/4 size polystyrene ambulance mainly using an electric chainsaw.
With the chainsaw you need an area to contain it as it is really messy.
Alan