[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 10 11:53:18 EST 2019

 Sean,I have a radio in the sub and a matching radio in the boat.  Yes it is 9khz  and probably very old school.Hank
    On Thursday, January 10, 2019, 8:32:42 AM MST, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 A few questions:

1) Who are you communicating with / what is the hardware on the receiving end?

2) I presume you meant to type 9 kHz instead of 9 Hz? 9 Hz would be infrasonic and require an immense amount of power to transmit, in addition to not having sufficient bandwidth for voice comms. 9 kHz, on the other hand, still doesn't sound like a standard comms frequency. Human hearing covers 20 Hz - 20 kHz. 9 kHz would be audible, not ultrasonic. Active sonar transducer perhaps?

Sean