[PSUBS-MAILIST] video through a beam of light

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 13 21:20:39 EDT 2019

I just saw a segment on the evening news where two submersibles sent video 200m through a beam of light.  No tether.On another note, I have spent the last week getting my vertical lathe going.  It was very time consuming to figure it all out since I have no manual or schematics.  I made a 3 phase converter so the control systems run from my shop power.  I have a small electric motor driving the table (chuck) temporarily for testing.  I will install an engine, either a 32 hp diesel or my favourite antique marine engine (1935)  to turn the chuck.  I can't believe how well built the lathe is and how heavy everything is.  Hank