[PSUBS-MAILIST] Silicone

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 27 10:00:06 EDT 2019

 Attached is the Psub Paint specification that was presented at the 2011 Psub convention both in Excel and PDF formats.  As Dave Colombo notes, most Sherman Williams paint stores in US are setup for supplying house paint and are unfamiliar with these Sherman Williams  marine products but they can order and as far as I know the account number on the spreadsheet is still valid and can be used for the PSub discount.
I painted the R300 prior to having this paint spec.  I used automotive Imron two part epoxy paint from DuPont for both exterior and interior.  While the paint has held up pretty well, the biggest issue I had was inadequate surface preparation because I could not get interior sand blasted  due to small space and inward facing "T" stiffeners.
The next time I paint a sub hull, I will go with Sherman Williams Psub specification.
Cliff