[PSUBS-MAILIST] Seaquestor progress

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 29 23:56:45 EDT 2019

Hi guys, I've been cutting a lot of foam over the last month,  so I thought
I would share the progress. I hope to complete the final foam cutting this
weekend.  Next step is to replace the 3/4" plywood ribs with a piece of
3/4" foam. Then glue all foam into a single block and then start the final
shaping and sanding before starting the fiberglass process. The final
fiberglass will be cast into 5 or 6 pieces depending on the demolding
lines. Once those parts are removed from the plug, I will be recutting the
foam to cast the inner ballast tank parts.
The forward canards are coming along right in line with story of the
SeaQuestor I am developing for the interaction with children.
Best Regards,
David