Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] gelcoat

Hmm, have heard something of a new russian test torpedo called "the big
one"
with a kerosin / peroxide drive. Was on board "Kursk". Very effective,
can reduce a 30.000 ts warship in a view seconds to under 15.000 ts...

Was delivered from the factory with a handbook, page 1 :
Do not store/use onboard of any russian naval vessel until its wartime
and all other torpedos are allready fired and war-luck went badly down..

Maybe simillar thing like walter-peroxide rocketengine torpedo (1944)
called "Mondfish" (G7ur = Rückstoßtorpedo/Rockettorpedo later T XIV).
But this was a small unit developt for midgets, runs just 50 knots
for 1200 m with the rocket engine at the stern.
Test report conclusion was : Some test shoots with "different luck"...

If you build some rocketengines on the forward end of the torpedo -
like the rescue rockets system on Apollo spacecraft -
the peroxide/kerosin engine produce a hell amount of CO2 and steam ..
its maybe very fast underwater - but control is maybe another point.

Carsten