No Subject

I have a question for the group..

I am a pilot, and know the theory behind lift on the wing..I noticed on some posts, that there were airfoil shapes being used, to produce lift (in a downward direction) on submarines, submersibles  etc..   my question is , how does that work??  Water will not compress, or expand, being a liquid,  therefore the pressure difference between the top of the "wing" and the bottom of the wing will be the same, there fore no lift..  or am I missing something??

dale.