Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Tigershark incident

Hi,

As part of your safety procedures you tell any passengers, "In
case I get disable, do this." Better yet, have all your operating
procedures in a binder with one copy by the passenger. Tell them to
go to this page, tabbed of course, and follow the procedure if I am
incapacitated.

Regards,
Ray

> Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 09:35:00 -0600
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> From: David Buchner <buchner@wcta.net>
> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Tigershark incident
>
> At 00:20 +0100 11/4/01, Carsten Standfuß wrote:
> >The pilot has an  heard attack - He dive the sub down to the bottom
> >at 32 m. The automatic surfacing relase was switch to the maximum
> >dive deep at 35 m - so it did'nt work.
> >
> >On the seat behind him was a press man with a 16mm camera - he filmed
> >the accident. He was not instructed to handle any vale or controls -
> >so he died some hours after the pilot the very hard way - CO2 poisson.
> >
> > [....]
> >the ballat tank system was in
> >best running order - he just have to open a single valve..
>

> How awful.
>
> I'd have hoped that in such a situation, the camera guy would've been
scrambling to understand the plumbing, and trying a couple of things. Even if
you screwed up badly, that would have to be better than just waiting to pass
out.