From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Ray Keefer
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 7:37 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Where can we visit SUB?

Hi,

There is the USS Pampanito in San Francisco.

USS Bluefin (or Bluefish) in Portland, Oregon. Supposed to be the US Navy's
last diesel-electric.

USS Sealion in Fall River, Massachusetts. Bonus here is the Battleship
Massachusetts, a Soviet destroyer and some PT boats.

If in Chicago the see the U-505. Not a US boat but a German IX.

The premium submarine museum in the States is at Groton, Connecticut.
It has the USS Nautilas, the world's first nuclear submarine. The
museum is great with a 1/3 (?) scale cut away model of a German IX and
a wall of mounted hulls shapes of all the the US classes of submarines
(all to the same scale!).

Regards,
Ray