[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Aerojet Mark VII wet sub

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 8:31 PM
Subject: Fw: Aerojet Mark VII wet sub

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 10:46 PM
Subject: Aerojet Mark VII wet sub

Hi I'm new to the list. but not new to the desire to build a sub.
I am thrilled to find such a group as this, and really impressed with what some of you have already done and are in the process of doing..
 I recently acquired a old wet sub that must have been built in the 50's or 60's. I have a Readers Digest Article with a picture of it. Apparently it was built by Aero Jet and sold in the Neiman Marcus catalog in 1963 for $18,700.00.   Psubs has a picture of it in the wetsubs pictures. It is a Mark VII fiberglass two man side by side wetsub.  It has huge front windows that must be replaced.  They were formed out of 36 inch x 36 inch Plexiglas.  I need to learn how to make those.  I was hoping someone might be able to help me find some information about the sub, and hopefully some specs.  It has what appears to be a combination ballast tank, battery box. or maybe its just a water tight battery box. It is a long cylinder with a pressure cap that goes in one end. I has about 10 battery type wires that go out the side thru a hose to a unit up in front of the divers with a spring loaded "T" type handle. this unit also has a gauge which I will have to take the face off to find out  what it is. It has long pieces of angle iron type brackets on each side of the tank half way up the sides. my guess is a battery rack. On the outside of the tank in the back it has a label that says to inflate the tank with 10 psi of air before diving. it has a small tire stem to inflate it. as far as it being a ballast tank. I don't think it has any holes to let water in or out.  This sub is peddle powered with the two divers laying or floating face down with their shoulders up against a restraint to hold them in place as they pedal the pedals behind them.  It is also.  I want it is also supposed to be motor driven.  but has no motor.  It has two narrow single blade props that turn in opposite directions.  I'd appreciate any feed back. Thanks for being there. Norman-Louis