[PSUBS-MAILIST] Where are the homemade subs of years past?

I have been reading about submarines for over fifty years now.
I recall reading sometime in late Fifties or early 60s about a guy in Texarkana that made a dry sub out of a propane tank.
I wander what became of it?

More personally, I used to have a friend named Bruce Davies that owned a 2 man dry sub made by a guy in Edmonds WA as well as a German fiberglass hulled one man dry sub. Bruce had been a technician at NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Labs. He used the two man sub to work for WA state DOT to examine underwater structure of Hood Canal Floating Bridge. I was to have had a chance to try the one man sub but in getting in I managed to knock loose one of the clips holding the bubble dome in place...that was enough to cancell the job. I lost track
of Bruce sometime in late 80s. Occasionally wonder what became of him.

Nostalgia, it isn't what it used to be.

Larry Murray