Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] NEW OSS

OSS project... Office of Strategic Services? Are we reforming the precusor of the C.I.A. to build subs?

Is Wild Bill Donovan going to design the sub? Smile. Just kidding.

Sorry guys. I vaguely remember this project as a proposed psubs group effort at designing a sub that never happened.

What I don't remember is what the initials OSS stood for in that regard.

Would we REALLY want the initials of the parent organization that later became the C.I.A. to be the name of this project?

Those initials make it sound a bit Machiavellian.

An OSS submarine? Off to sink the Bismark lads? Grin.

How about instead, something like, Project deep decent, Operation Underlord, Psubbers do it deeper,

Operation squeeze ball,  Project pressure cooker,  Project Davy Jones Basement, or even.....

Psubbers under sea squeeze yearn. That one would have interesting initials. Figure it out. Smile.

Anything but OSS.

Bill Akins, Hudson, Florida, wetsub.