[PSUBS-MAILIST] 1 ATM Shapes

First of all I'd like to thank Dan H and Kathy for the great hospitality when I looked at his persistence. I learned a lot and am close to finalizing an idea for my sub.

I am planning a 54 inch diameter 1 atm with spherical ends. I am planning on building some small model shapes and towing them in a pool or something to get a feel for the longitudinal stability. I will experiment with end shapes and length/width ratios. Does anyone have experiance with this.

I have no sub experience, however in aircraft the taildragger is unstable at landing because most of the weight is behind the wheels. I'm thinking clean spherical shapes with conning tower more to the rear might help this.

Any ideas!

Thanks,

Jim K