Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Life Support Test Experience

Hi, Carsten!
        O.K., you're off the hook! I should have known that an experienced
hand like like you would know better than to make sweepng statements that
wont do well in a 'here are my facts - where are yours?' - type
debate/discussion.
Certainly the simple metered flow method is tried and true and works fine (
particularly with high and low sensor alarms) but does require some
attention - but then, I suppose, so does everything else in a sub!
BTW, you may get a smile out of this: I was recently asked ( in a magazine
interview) " what is the hardest part in building your first submersible?"
I wanted to give an honest answer, so I thought about it a bit before
replying " Convincing your wife,partners, and your banker that you haven't,
neccesarily, got your head inserted in your rectum"
Regards
Phil