From: Dan H. [mailto:jmachine@adelphia.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:44 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propeller Shafts

Stephen,

The best seal for a sub prop shaft is a spring loaded carbon against ceramic seal.  It's a spring loaded face seal that is commonly used in water pumps.  A sub application is the same, only your keeping water out instead of in.  They are a bit pricey but, if handled and installed properly, will work for a long time and won't leak a drop.

Dan H.