Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] thrusters?

Hi. Can I get a little information on thrusters? I've seen some Minnkota trolling motors being used, and I see there are some very expensive purpose built thrusters on the market. I'm looking for 2 thrusters at 80 to 100 lbs thrust. Minkota makes a motor-mounted salt water model at 80 and 100 (approx.)
Are the technadyne (sp.?) with magnetic couplers that much better?
What are you guys using?
I know we talked a bit about retrofitting the basic trolling motors for pressure compensation, and it sounded feasible, but I wonder if a high dollar motor would be money better spent.
Any thoughts? Frank D. (408)353-6645     Santa Cruz, Ca.