Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]New guy

Hi all, just a note to introduce myself.

I am Dean Ackman. I am a retired 56 yr old crazy person that just has
to build a sub. I live about 40 miles NE of Duluth Minnesota. The use
of the sub will be for Lake superior. I am looking at working depth of
300 - 400 ft.

1 atm, 2 man relative quick for exploring large areas.

I have a very wide background in many disciplines. I retired from
IBM as a mechanical designer. I feel I have all the required skills
to achieve the build, welding, electronics, mechanical and all.

I have been a diver since 1970, military trained, Marine Corps
Special forces.

My shop is fairly well equipped, Bridgeport Series 1 CNC mill, small
hand crank mill, small lathe, cut saws welding etc. etc.

My biggest problem will be budget. My early run away from the
rat race will keep me to around 20,000.

I am very pleased to find this group, as I sure will need help
and from what I can tell this is an outstanding group.

I have a lot of ideas and the basic plans are in my head.
I am trying to get a decent CAD program to start the detail
plans, and plan on construction start in a year or so.

I am looking forward to communicating with all of you and
I already know you will greatly aid me in achieving my
goals.

Dean Ackman
 .