Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hull thickness

The simplest description in my low level enlish is:

If the coke bottle is a little unround from production and you have internal pressure - it get rounder under internal pressure and can resitant the pressure better up to the tensile strength max. But if you have external pressure and you have unroundness the cylinder gets more flat under external pressure and collaspe before tensile strength border is reached.

Note: Any cylinder has some unroundness because of the production progress.

Note: it is importnat that your cylinder is best roundness as is possiblke to build.

In my diver chamber a empty coke 1 liter PET Bottle was compltete flat at a pressure equal to 20 meter waterdeep.

regards Carsten - maybe somebody can explain ist in more sincetific english..