RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hull thickness

Maybe not a fair test but not so unlike running into a submerged log with a 50horse engine pushing you along. If there is one thing I've learned while listening to these guys it's that safety is first! Your bottle test sounds interesting, see what happens and then let us know. Don't get discouraged by these nay sayers, they are only looking out for your life. Good luck

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of DrewBane1@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:51 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hull thickness

Picking up a soda bottle doesn't seem like a fair test, the pressure is not equal on all points of the bottle.... Maybe i should build a small pressure chamber place a sealed bottle in it and hydro test it to test the theory. I have put 145-175 psi in a 2 liter bottle before it blew just for fun but doubt it would take that kind of pressure externally. Would be interesting to find out
what does happen to the bottle....