An excellent layman's explanation of CO2 from warpig including a Pressure/Volume diagram.  This also explains why we could get some really big whelps from playing paintball as the afternoon temps increased and nobody bothered to cron their gun :)

You will need to keep in mind the orientation of the tank.  You do not want the liquid to enter the valve or line because it will quickly ice up.  Another valuable and paintball lesson :)

--Doug J

In a message dated 10/17/2006 3:42:53 PM Central Daylight Time, gslaterp@hotmail.com writes:
Co2 Liquifies at about 750psi at room temperature

Temperature being the biggest variant the lower the temp the lower the pressure.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure compensation - CO2 vs Air

I think at room temp CO2 goes liquid at close to 60 atmospheres.  60 bar actually which is pretty close to 60 atmospheres.

I'd just read something interesting about it, in that it gives a pretty constant pressure out of a bottle while discharging most of its volume.  The bulk of the CO2 stays liquid and just vaporizes as it's valved off - so the pressure ends up staying at 60bar.  I don't know if that's true but it seems to make sense.

Paul