Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure Compensation of Electronics

Thank you Jay.   You and George have saved me a lot of grief.  --Doug

In a message dated 10/18/2006 10:32:17 PM Central Daylight Time, bottomgun@mindspring.com writes:

Harbor Branch ran pressure tests on IC chips in various formats in the early 80’s.  They were looking to use an oil-filled electronics compartment for their ROV to compensate for pressure exposure.  Some performed satisfactorily, some displayed erratic functionality, and some out right failed with packaging cracking, exploded chips upon surfacing, etc.  Potting was also tested.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
  -
Aristotle