Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sitting High

Patrick....I have often thought of ways to make a sub sit higher in the water when at surface.
You need to overcome the weight of the craft with larger ballast tanks. Remember that anything above the water weighs more than it does submerged. I have been toying with the idea of adding inflatable ballast to my sub to get more lift while at the surface. Something along the lines of a big "tractor" innertube that would flatten out when submerged, and sit behind a spring loaded fairing just below the main ballast tanks.
There is a man making a submersible boat that looks like a surface craft, can go fast, and has a stateroom, galley, etc.
I can't remember the name, but it is on the web.
Seems to me it was about 40 feet long and cost about 2 mil.
They were about to go into production I think.
If I see it again, I'll post a link.
Frank D.