Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Viewport Question.

James, this is all covered in sections 2-2.12.8 and 2-2.12.9 of ASME
PVHO-1-2002:

2-2.12.8
The dimensional tolerance on the external diameter of the window shall be
based on the type of sealing arrangement for the window.
a)	The external diameter of the flat disk window shall be within +0.000/-0.010
in. (+0.000/-0.25 mm) of the nominal value if the window is to be sealed in
the seat cavity with a radially compressed O-ring.
b)	The external diameter of the flat disk window shall be within +0.000/-0.060
in. (+0.000/-1.5 mm) of the nominal value if the window is to be sealed in
the seat cavity with a seal ring wedged into the annular space between the
retaining ring, the window's bevel, and the cylindrical surface of the seat
cavity.
c)	The external diameter of the flat disk window shall be within+0.0/-0.125 in
(+0.0/-3.2 mm) of the nominal value if the window is to be sealed in the seat
cavity with a flat elastomeric gasket axially compressed by the retaining
ring.
d)	The external diameter of the flat disk window shall be within +0.0/-0.02 Do
of the nominal value if the window is to be sealed in the seat cavity with a
room-temperature, curing, elastomeric compound injected into the annular
space between the edge of the window and the cylindrical surface of the seat.
e)	The plane bearing surface of the flat disk window shall not deviate more
than 0.001 Do from an ideal plane.

2-2.12.9
The dimensional tolerance on the external diameter of the window seat cavity
shall be based on the type of sealing arrangement for the window.
a)	The diameter of the seat cavity for a flat disk window shall be within
+0.01/-0.00 in. (+0.25/-0.00 mm) of the nominal value if the window is to be
sealed in the seat cavity with a radially compressed O-ring.
b)	The diameter of the seat cavity for a flat disk window shall be within
+0.06/-0.00 in. (+1.5/-0.00 mm) of the nominal value if the window is to be
sealed in the seat cavity with a seal ring wedged into the annular space
between the retaining ring, the window's bevel, and the cylindrical surface
of the seat cavity.
c)	The diameter of the seat cavity for a flat disk window shall be within
+0.125/-0.000 in (+3.2/-0.00 mm) of the nominal value if the window is to be
sealed in the seat cavity with a flat elastomeric gasket axially compressed
by the retaining ring.
d)	The diameter of the seat cavity for a flat disk window shall be within
+0.01 Do/-0.000 of the nominal value if the window is to be sealed in the
seat cavity with a room-temperature, curing, elastomeric compound injected
into the annular space between the edge of the window and the cylindrical
surface of the seat.
e)	The plane bearing surface of the seat cavity shall not deviate more than
0.002 Do from an ideal plane when measured with a feeler gauge inserted
between the mating plane surfaces of the flat disk window or a circular plug
gauge and the bare seat cavity.  The axial force used to seat the window or
the plug gauge shall not exceed 10 Do lb. (4.53 Do kg) applied uniformly
around its circumference.

Do, where referred to above, corresponds to the outer diameter of the window.

-Sean