Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Viewport Question.

In a message dated 12/11/2007 5:43:05 PM Central Standard Time, jumachine@comcast.net writes:
All you need to check flatness of the viewport seats is something flat
that's the diameter of the lens and a set of feeler gauges
I am following this thread as I have not purchased my len's yet, but plan on buying them
from the store. But it seems to me a good check on clearance could be done by using
the lens itself and Plasti-gauge. This material is used to mesure clearance very accurately
and I have used in many times in my youth on race car engine's.

It is inexpensive and accurate. You simply put this round thred like material between the
mating surface and torque it down. Dis assemble and measure the width of the plasiti gauge
material. I would think this would provide the warm fuzzy that no further machining is required.

Just a thought
Dean Ackman

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.