RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Looking for a Hydraulic valve

Dan,

I found one DC controller that might fit well into your assembly.  It's a convertible solenoid proportional valve driver.

http://www.pwmcontrols.com/

"The result of 10 years of experience, the PVD3DIN satisfies the demands of industry leaders
of smooth and precise control of hydraulic valves."

"The Standard Proportional Valve Driver is an electronic device in the shape of a slightly
larger DIN connector, mounted directly on the valve. It is powered by a regulated or unregulated DC supply or a battery (in mobile applications), it receives small power signals from a potentiometer, joystick, PLC, analogue output card, computer or other control device
and delivers high power controlled current to the solenoid of a proportional valve in order to
regulate through pressure or flow the motion of a hydraulic actuator.
There are a large number of possible options to customize the driver for special applications
such as :

Special Connectors:

    * M12, CM 7-pin circular or your choice of connector or pre-installed cable

Special Inputs / Outputs:

    * extra low or extra high output current rating
    * output enable digital input
    * ramp disable digital input
    * preset points selection digital inputs
    * differential analogue input
    * second analogue input for feed-back or ramp control
    * fault signal
    * current monitor output
    * bus connectivity, serial communication port for input or diagnosis
      and more.

Main features:

    *Operating voltage: 9 - 35VDC
    *Input signal: 0-5V, 0-10V, 0-20mA or 4-20mA
    *Maximum output current: 3A
    *Excellent Linearity: 0.5%
    *Operating temperature: -40° to +75° Celsius
    *Moisture and Dust-Proof: IP67

Features/Benefits:

    * Easy to upgrade digital design
    * Large, easy-to-use adjustments and three digit seven segment LED display
    * Completely sealed even during setup
    * Wide range of supply voltage
    * Electronic limiting circuit / short circuit proof
    * Load can be connected & disconnected live
    * Protected against wrong connection
    * Simple control with analog input, reference voltage is locally supplied
    * Energy efficient PWM circuit, no heat sink is required
    * Current sensing maintains output regardless of changes in supply voltage and coil resistance
    * Thick wall, sturdy housing made of flame retardant plastic
    * Mounting: DIN 43650-A/ISO 4400 for solenoid as well as cable connector
    * Easy troubleshooting / cable length not an issue  "

They are $280 each

  If this isn't an item you need, one or more of these companies might know what you need,
and where to acquire it. There are also some pretty great forums discussing hydraulics out
there, that might be able to help.  Here is a link to one that I'm a member of.

http://forums.hydraulicspneumatics.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8541063911/m/6321057041

I was thinking that you might need to make a small sealed pod for housing your solenoid
valves and drivers with all the hydraulic lines going into it and perhaps hold the pump as
well.  Below are links that might fit the bill for some of the items on your list, I haven't had a chance to go completely through there sites to see is they have exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.directindustry.com/cat/hydraulics/solenoid-valves-for-all-fluids-G-294.html

http://www.axiomatic.com/fluidpower.html#Anchor-48530

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_6970_96

Regards,