Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 200ton 18meter Live aboard submarine

I remember that there is a maybe problem with stainless steel in concret.
I think both materials will get no real conection together..

If the normal steel is deep sealed in he concret and the surface is covered by a good
layer of some good epoxy paint there should be no problem with normal steel in concret.

More important is that the design and construction concept with all drawings
is complete done and all troughhulls are build before they build the hull - otherwhise Ian has later a lot of more work  with some 40-60 troughhulls for shaft rudders mast, exhaust pipes, bowthrusters, air piped, drop weights. etc, etc.

On a steel hull it is later easy to modyfied it with additional troughhulls
- even hatches or windows - on concrete this should be much more difficult.

regrads Carsten