Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 200ton 18meter Live aboard submarine

Hi Sean

Look at this drawing :

http://www.euronaut.org/content/gfx/technic/1.jpg

The grey bow nose is the anti collison bulkhead with strong stiffenes in front of it in the grey part. After this comes the green tank - the soft ballast tank. Is the force higher than the collison bulkhead can resistant, say over 6 knots  - this tank will collapse with the impact until the metall reach the red cylinder. The red cylinder is the heavy build hardtank and build with the thruster tunnel pipe below a very heavy t-cross. The boat will survife the destroying of the green tank. All I have to do is to counter flood the aft soft tank. The boat will still surface on the empty red hard tanks and maybe I have to drop one, two or all three keel plates. If the red barrier tank is also destroyed the boat can still survife with the drop keel gone. And is the force is higher - maybe a fast big freighter.. There is still the heavy buld diver chamber..
The stern concept is nearly the same.  :-)

best regards Carsten