From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Ray Keefer
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:26 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2007 Award Winners!

OK Folks,

Here are the 2007 Award Winners!

The Kittredge Award
-------------------
For designing and building excellence in creating
a complete and functional personal submersible.

With 6 Votes: Cliff Redus

Comments:

Not to long ago I sent some data and links on the R300 to my friend Doc, the Bionic Dolphin inventor, and he said he wished he could find a couple of guys like Cliff to work with him on getting the Bionic Dolphin design into production. As you guys likely know Doc is using syntactic foam and composites in the two seater BioniOrca, so there is some cross over with the R300 design, so he thought it was a very interesting and beautiful design.

...but to me the uniqueness is what really makes Cliff's Redus's 300 stand out. The design alone is worthy of an award.

I totally agree with Cliff Redus's R300 being awarded the Kittredge award as it was really breathtaking to see the construction pics. I too am awaiting its actual performance evaluations and testing results. The sub is a true work of art.

I have sat in the R-300 and seen his plans and documentation and am amazed at the attention to detail from plans thru completed sub. It is truely a work of art.

I'm going to agree, the R300 is the nicest sub I've seen. I sure would like to see it up close. Any chance Cliff might bring it to this year's convention? What a beautiful machine, and good photos on the build too!

The R300 is a standout in my opinion as the applied technology and ability of this craft is unequalled by anything yet produced by any P-Sub?s member. Utilization of Technology on this P-sub is incredible with joystick and touch screen controls via a PLC setup. It also has a unique inverted Y finned tail, water jet propulsion and a tear drop shaped hull and integrated safety systems. With mission times of 12 hours and agile aircraft like manoeuvrability, Cliff has truly created an "Underwater Spitfire".

The Busby Award
---------------
For excellence in technical writing on personal
submersibles designs, operations and applications.

With 1 Vote: James Guernsey

Comments:

for documenting the progress of his K-350 fabrication on his web site (guernseysubmarine.com)

The Beach Award
---------------
For non-technical writing that promotes personal
submersibles to the general public.

Dan Brewer did have one vote. However in the text of that vote he was also given a vote for The Archimedes Award (see below). I chose to honor Dan's efforts with The Archimedes Award and will not be awarding The Beach Award this year.

The Link Award
--------------
For contributions to oceanographic research using
personal submersibles.

With 0 Votes: No Award

The Archimedes Award
For innovative designing excellence of a specific
piece of gear for use in personal submersibles
that spreads knowledge through the group .

With 1 Vote: Dan Brewer

Comments:

...for his grabber arm. It works, is simple, and his willingness to show others how it's made is a great inspiration.

Regards,
Ray