From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 9:33 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] SubCat S-30 Data

Brent. It sure would be nice to get some of those Li-ion batteries they're using in the plug-in electric cars.
Some companies are making them the size of car batteries, and the flash recharge time to 80% is as low as 6 minutes, with a 100% charge taking 4 hours.
A car company here in Calif. called Phoenix Motorcars is producing small trucks for fleet use, and they have the batteries, but when can the general public get some ? I wonder if a group such as ours could get them to sell us some for testing in a sub ? I recall their site ( the battery co. ) as saying they promote testing their batteries in different applications.
The best one I've seen uses a nano type material, I think it was phosphate based, with virtually no danger of fire or explosion which was common on some of the other types of Li-ion batteries.
Frank D.