Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub Li-ion batteries.

Hi Brian. The little trucks Phoenix produces look good, especially to a ''tree hugger'' like me, but I understand they go for about $45K. I'm sure the battery cost is a large part of that. I remember seeing a large size Li-ion battery made by a company in Korea I think, the cost was about $1200 each, but again, not available to the general public.
The Tesla roadster they're making up here in No.Ca. goes for about $250K , has a long waiting list, and uses 6,000 plus little Li-ion batteries like what goes into laptop computers. I have to believe that if there was a car size battery available, those guys would be buying them.
I think I'll be using the AGM batteries, which is a lead/acid type but is sealed and doesn't spill. They too are pricey but the ''life cost'' looks good. Still, sure would be nice to have a battery that you can ''flash charge'' and has a life cycle of thousands rather than a few hundred, as is the case with everything available now.
If I hear of anything new, I'll be sure and put it up here. Frank D.

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.