[PSUBS-MAILIST] Valence U-Charge® Li-ion Power System

Hey Submadmen,   Look at what I'm getting you guys for New Years. :)'

It appears I wasn't watching Valence as closely as I should of. There now producing full sized Phoshate Li-ion batteries in the same basic sizes that lead acid are produced. I've been waiting for this for years.

http://www.valence.com/products/ucharge_overview.html

"Providing Greater Performance, Safety and Reliability

Traditionally, the motive industry has relied on Lead-acid batteries to power devices such as wheelchairs, scooters, electric bikes, marine vehicles and more because Lead-acid was the only choice. The Valence Lithium Phosphate U-Charge® Power System Family is changing that! Today, the U-Charge® system is conveniently packaged in standard Lead-acid sizes ideally suited for a variety of motive applications. Valence Lithium Phosphate U-Charge® systems combine superior performance, safety and reliability offering consumers advanced technology over current Lead-acid battery solutions.

Superior Performance Over Lead-Acid Batteries:

  • 33% lighter with twice the run-time
  • Longer shelf life and faster recharge time
  • Smart battery monitoring and internal cell balancing
  • No Lead-acid leaks

Lower Overall Cost Of Ownership

  • Intrinsic phosphate safety that protects against abusive situations.
  • Environmentally friendly, no heavy metals or disposal issues.
  • High energy efficiency with no memory effect.
  • Lower lifetime costs due to low maintenance and high cycle life.

Technology Comparison

U24 U-Charge®
System Performance
  Standard
Lead-acid
Technology Improvement
Operating Voltage 12.8V 12V 6% higher
Capacity (Ah@ C/2) 100 45.6 2.2X
Nominal Energy (Wh) 1280 528 2.4X
Dimensions Group 24 Group 24 Equivalent
Nominal Weight (kg) 15.8 24.5 35% lighter"

Regards,

Brent Hartwig