[PSUBS-MAILIST] RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Valence U-Charge® Li-ion Power System

In this case, More is not less.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3012/is_2_185/ai_n12937463

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-27906934_ITM

"• In February 2004, we also introduced a prototype of the U-Charge® Power System family of large-format products. The U-Charge® Power System is in production in our China facilities and is designed to power a variety of motive applications from hybrid and electric vehicles to scooters and wheelchairs, and can also be used in stationary applications.

• In January 2006, we announced availability of eight new models of our large-format lithium phosphate U-Charge® XP Power System batteries which feature built in battery management electronics and power rates of 500 to 1700 continuous watts, depending on the model.

As part of our low-cost manufacturing strategy, we have successfully transitioned our powder manufacturing from Las Vegas, Nevada to Suzhou, China. This transition allows us to capitalize on lower manufacturing costs. Our research and development efforts are focused on the design of new products utilizing our lithium phosphate chemistry, the scale-up of our second generation lithium phosphate technology, the development of different cell constructions to optimize power and size for new applications, as well as developing future materials based on the lithium phosphate technology attributes.

Our business headquarters is located in Austin, Texas, our research and development centers is in Las Vegas, Nevada, our European sales is in Mallusk, Northern Ireland and our manufacturing and product development centers is in Suzhou, China. "

Source     http://google.brand.edgar-online.com/EFX_dll/EDGARpro.dll?FetchFilingHTML1?SessionID=3o4NWLqKkI9wYN0&ID=5357427-70165-89855

Regards,
Brent Hartwig