[PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention 2008 remarks

In a message dated 8/6/2008 5:27:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, dbartsch2236@hotmail.com writes:
>Gene,

>All kidding aside, did your wife win that sonar beacon? I hope I did not insult some that I was never in >contact with!
>
>                                                                                David Bartsch

Hi David,
No, we think your comment was funny!  Just didn't have good email access until we got home today.  I was trying to think of a good come-back, but the delayed intelligence response will probably hit me tomorrow.

 She did win the set... a pinger and receiver.  A very generous donation by Desert Star Systems.  http://www.desertstar.com/newsite/sport/sportscout.html  Thank you for your support Andy!   I think these manufactured products are great benchmarks for the homebuilder to compare his product to and to learn from.  Takes the urgency out of building your own unless it is mostly for the challenge and fun of designing and building your own.   My son and I will certainly use it scuba diving before we'll have a chance to use it in a "subsetting".   And Ill have it at every convention we go to, so people can play with it and compare.

My wife, Hanna, thought the meetings were interesting... a pleasant and somewhat unexpected development!   She'll be on board when I start spending money on my project.  She knew all along that I was nuts, and now she's gotten to know some other nuts too.

Overall, we had a great time with everyone at the convention, the topics were informative, and it was great to see and visit with Mr. Kittredge.   A pleasure to meet you all again.

Gene and Hanna Seus
Manteca, Ca.   (the land of fruits and nuts)