From: uc3nautilus@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UC3 Nautilus at sea with UC1 Freya...
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:50:30 +0200

Hi all,

Freya sank at 1739 pm on a known position in the sound near Copenhagen. She was clean of any enviromental contaminants, and was sunk by opening her flooding valve.
She sank very slowly and stern first, and now rests on a gentle undersea slope at 15 feet of water. she lies on her side, and is not likly more than one meter above the seabed.

It was the first longer voyage with Nautilus, end her engines ran smooth for eight hours today with no problems at all. The crew was nine persons, and nobody felt it cramped. We had a nice meal underway, and everybody enjoyed the day.

Sailing Nautilus feels completely like a full size submarine - we have engine room crew and bridge crew working together - and a chef working in the galley...the crew today was five male and four female submariners.

Best regards,

Peter