RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Restoring a Biber (or Beaver) midget submarine

Thanks Jens for the drawing and data. Jay I agree the Seehund looks more stable then the Biber. I personally prefer the looks of the Seehund over the Biber. I still think the Biber look-a-like is doable.  If the torpedoes are used as battery pods, then in a basic way it's design looks like a K-350 configuration, just longer. Which we all know is a pretty stable sub design. Of course there is more to it then that, but it's a start.

Brent

From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Restoring a Biber (or Beaver) midget submarine
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:00:02 -0400

Jens,

Thanks for the great image of Biber, I have Lakowski’s book someplace and will have to dig it out for review.  Instead of building a Biber look-a-like, consideration might be given to the Seehunde as it was a more stable vessel (relatively).

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

    - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)