From: joeperkel@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Restoring a Biber (or Beaver) midget submarine
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:56:23 +0000

Hi Brent,

The issue with those two in particular is how they lie in the water with minuscule reserve buoyancy. Not conducive to safe open water ops any time the hatch is opened. Assuming historical accuracy in a replica, no amount of modernization would change that.

Assuming a historically accurate Biber, .....well now gasoline in a sub? Replace with the tiny Yanmar and you still have a low lying narrow beam ship.

Best then to up the size to what Kraka became. Not to mention UC3.

Thanks Brent!

Joe