Frank I really like the shots in the kelp. I have dove many times, in my youth there. It is a wonderful
place good memories.

Dean

In a message dated 8/18/2008 2:22:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dbartsch2236@hotmail.com writes:
I am particularly interested in the grappling arm...How was this worked without the fear of flooding or leaks. That thing could really find some use!

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:28:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The Dry Divers
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Thanks for the links Jon. I've never seen that sub before and was thrilled to see it. It was especially cool because it was used in my back yard. I really liked the shot where it cruised through the kelp bed. It looked like it had good speed while submerged and only with one motor! Very impressive.. Where do you suppose the little sub is today?
I can see a few possible up-grades to the design. First off, a larger drop weight and less fixed ballast so the free board would be greater when the ballast tanks were full of water. Didn't look like you could open the hatch when the sub surfaced after dropping the emergency drop weight.
Another add on would be a set of landing gear so it would sit flat on deck. I assume there must have been a cradle of some type used on the support boat, unless they never brought it aboard but only towed it to the dive sites. It only weighed 2800 pounds. Seems like e real possibility for a psub guy to build one like that and be able to launch it from a trawler size boat. Any info on where we can get more detailed specs on the construction, like hull thickness, motor type, controls, etc.?
Thanks again, makes me want to hurry up and get mine done!
Frank D.

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How =