Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The Dry Divers

Hi Dean. How's the sub coming along? This sure is an expensive hobby! Do you have any new pictures up?
That arm looks cool, although maybe a little fragile. It must be on some kind of ball socket. I wonder what a google search would turn up, or if those guys made it themselves. The sub was made by a tool and die shop so they could have made the socket. It must be fairly complicated, because they have a linkage there to close the grabber fingers, as well as swivel the arm around. I'll need to think about that one for a while.
I'm looking for a deal on three large scuba tanks. 100 cu. ft. minimum. Got any leads? I see ebay has some for $279, ( new, steel ) which isn't too bad. Should be ready to get those pretty soon so I can begin the plumbing on the sub. I'll also need a couple of 40's for emergency, with regulators.
Anyway, keep working on that thing and maybe we'll get together again for a couple dives in our subs.
Frank D.