[PSUBS-MAILIST] Venting an ambient sub

Hi all,I know most of you are into 1 atm subs,but I need a little help with my
"want to be sub". It will be similar to ivcorp's solo sub, I calculated my
minute volume @ 18 liters/min,(700cc tidal volume X 20 breaths/min).That's
how much I will be bleeding into the sub.To vent that amount can I use
a simple gate valve to do it?
I figure I can start the flow, then adjust the gate valve until the
level of water in
the sub remains constant.This will ensure that I have a constant exchange of
air. I will have a separate ballast tank forward to control buoyancy.
Trying to build a water/air tight batt. box is another issue.
I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys can give,Thanks
Carlos