Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps Verses Thrusters

Hi Jon. Thanks for the thoughts. Dan gave me some good advice also. The electric actuators I'm looking at have 50 pounds of push. With those things, the faster they travel, the less push they have. It has to do with motor gearing. I'm pretty sure that will be enough push to move them, and these use just 5 amps to operate.
    I see what you mean by knowing if the dive planes are equal in angle. I'll need to have position sensors ( they come with them ) hooked up. Ideally, I think I'll be adding the side windows to the sub so I can see the dive plane/thrusters. I have the materials for two 16 inch windows and will add them after I drive the sub around a while. With the dome hatch, the guys can see all around, but with just the three windows I have now, forward and down is all I can see. Definitely need the side windows, plus I'll be able to see if anything like seaweed gets hooked on the side motors. I'd like to add some dive planes at the back too, and those would be hooked in tandem, but I think I see a need for having the side dive planes able to move independantly. Frank D.