[PSUBS-MAILIST] Wet Exit Removable Front Dome CAD Models

Greetings Subbers,

Jame Frankland and I spent a fair bit of time discussing and working up ideas for his removable front dome this last winter. I've wanted a hatch type configuration from the start. But first we needed to work thru the concept of copying some features on Nemo's front dome first. So we would like your opinions on the last model I worked up of are combined ideas at that time. I've not been available to refine the models until now.

As it is in the below link to the models and drawings, I would like to add more thickness to the seating ring.  Also we might need to make some changes to make it easier to fabricate, and size things to easily available materials.

I've been informed that O-rings used to seal acrylic viewports is perhaps not the best idea because of perhaps stress concentrations in the small area the acrylic touches the O-ring.  To deal with that issue I've been thinking about doing some FEA work on two new configurations. One being to use one large soft O-ring for the domes bottom surface to seat on. The other to have two smaller soft O-rings under that said surface. Any thoughts. I have one more sealing configuration, but I'll need to work up a model to better define it.

And yes I'm aware that the dome James now possesses, has a vertically machined surface on the outer perimeter.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=2384531&pid=10393161

Your resident possibility thinker ;)'

Regards,

Szybowski