Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrophones

Good, I look forward to the plans.  Do you guys have a pinger too?  --Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bartsch <dbartsch2236@hotmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:41 am
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrophones

Doug,

  On the website, go to members projects/hydrophones for a good depiction. It is made from a 1 1/2" PVC pipe coupling with very short segments of pipe installed (not longer than the diameter of the "o" ring used) These short segments prevent this o"ring from collapsing inward. The sensing device is simply a 27mm in diameter piezo element super glued to the inside face of a plexiglass wafer. The back wafer is made out of aluminum and a compression fitting along with a smaller "o" ring comprise the cable thru hole (This is "gooped" with cylicone afterwards to ensure a really good water tight seal.
  Jon informs me that all of the how to information will soon hit the website also...Let us just give hime some time...In the mean time, I will produce extra hydrophones should you still need some...These work really good!

                    &n bsp;                                                                                    David Bartsch