From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Delta Sub Front MBT Windows
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:55:01 -0400

Brent,

You made me think of an old engineering practice to see where stresses were in a structure such as an arch.  They would cut a model silhouette of the arch out of thin acrylic and then apply stresses to it that would model the anticipated loads.  When the plastic arch was viewed with Polaroid lens, the stress patterns would be revealed in the plastic.  From various samples we fooled with and associated images, I would expect that you would see residual stresses in Karl’s failed ports and there would be quite a few around the bolt holes.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

    - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)