[PSUBS-MAILIST] All Clear Acrylic K-250 & K-350 MBT's

Greetings SMMOM's, ;)'

A picture I just saw of a clear, all plastic canoe reminded me of some thing I was thinking of for James Frankland's K-350, with it's large center mounted dome. I had been looking a lot recently at the Delta subs windows in there front MBT, and also at the Idabel's large all acrylic outer dome front MBT. Then I remembered also how the US Submarine's luxury sub models designed mostly I believe by Paul Moorhouse had clear plastic shaped to be part of the lower part of the bow fairings.  So I thought why couldn't a mold for a K-350 front MBT be used as a drape, blow, or perhaps even a vacuum mold for making a acrylic or polycarbonate from MBT.  Perhaps make it out of 3/8" to 1/2" or thicker material.

This way one can see upwards and more to the sides with a dome or more upper viewports installed in a K-boat and others.  I wouldn't see the advantage of adding this type of front MBT to my sub unless I reconfigure my sub to be a two person sub, with the hard VBT removed and more viewports installed in the upper part of the front head.  I've got enough to do as it is.

Your resident clear pipe dreamer   ;)'

Regards,

Where's     as in where's Brent now