RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] bubble pressure

David

If you don't plan to go much deeper than 80 ft, you could make your own
hydraulic precision depth gage (Papenberger) like the one in german built
submarines for use around periscope depth. It should work perfectly in an
ambient sub.

regards,
jens

** David,
**
** I keep saying this (basic physics) the air bubble is at ambient
** pressure.same as the water.  Be careful though as most watches with depth
** gage capabilities are water activated, they will not continually work in
** the
** air bubble.  Better to just get a plain diver's oil filled depth gage.
**
** R/Jay
**
**
**
** Jay K. Jeffries
**
** Andros Is., Bahamas
**
**
** A skimmer afloat is but a submarine, so poorly built it will not plunge.
**
**
**
**