From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of jonw@psubs.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 6:13 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dome alternative - flat acrylic endcap

There's a diameter limit that Stachiw talks about in his book for flat disc
viewports, but I was not able to find it quickly this morning.  Perhaps Ian
or Jay could comment.  You may be close to that (if not over it) with a
59inch viewport.

Regarding disadvantages, I suspect most of them are minor with the exception
of designing the mount to attach the thin dome in front of the primary
viewport.  Some disadvantages might be:

1) small bubbles adhering to the inside of the dome
2) visual distortion from imperfections established during fabrication
3) keeping the inside face of the dome clean

Jon