[PSUBS-MAILIST] Looking for Bruce Davies

In my working life as an oceanographic technician on NOAA Ship DISCOVERER I started coming in contact with a government technican named Bruce davies who worked for PMEL out at the NOAA base at Sand Point in North Seattle. Bruce was interested in small submarines and had two of them, one was made from a large steel sphere previously used to support antitorpedo nets and the other was a fiberglass one person rig that had a clear plastic dome as hatch and conning tower.

The sub made from the steel sphere had apparently been made by a guy and his son up in Edmonds WA. Bruce used it to inspect some pilings for the floating bridge running across entrance to Hood Canal. The one person sub he used in Lake Washington. I went with him one Saturday morning to help him launch it from a trailer at a boat ramp. Being part of the crew was fun, many people were around and I felt I could have done autographs for them. Bruce did go down in the sub and come back and then gave me a chance to use it. I'd made some notes but when I was getting in it, my foot knocked one of the dome latches loose and so it wasn't safe to dive. Maybe a fortunate accident??

Anyway, I haven't seen him for twenty odd years now. I wonder if any in our community had seen or heard of Bruce Davies of late?

Tia
Larry Murray