Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2010 PSUBS Conference - Ft. Pierce, FL

Hi Frank,

I think the battery discussion will be valuable especially since it seems to come up as a topic of interest at least a couple times each year, usually when someone is getting ready to purchase them. It will be nice to have someone from the industry talk to us about them in detail.

Taking a booth at UI in New Orleans, or other trade shows, falls under Public Outreach and I'm always interested in those opportunities. As you accurately identified however, the UI show is primarily targeted toward the oil/gas industry by companies that actually have products to sell. I'm pretty sure the floor space is not cheap (Phil Nuytten would know, he buys space there) and I don't know if they would cut us a break, though I'm inclined to think not. However, I don't think anyone would want to talk to me since I don't own a submarine and would be limited to just sitting there and looking handsome. Sub-owners like yourself are the ones that people (and press) want to talk to, so if we could get a couple of you with subs to attend an event with your vessels, it would definitely grab attention and be worth looking at.

Jon