Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Flooded Stability.

If ABS is not specific then I'd think something light. 1/4-1/2 pound maybe? We should probably ask Uncle Phil if he ever shows up again (or call him, for that matter). Don't call this weekend though. He's up in the northeast being given another award.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Fulton <hc.fulton@gmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Mar 24, 2010 7:08 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Flooded Stability.

I was just reading the ABS rules and it says that if you have a cylinder of air or oxy inside that if it is totally released the internal pressure should not be greater than 15 psi.  Also if you had an air leak then the internal pressure could rise so that when you hit the surface the hatch could pop before you vent the MBTs.  You also have to have a relief valve with an isolating valve wired open.  What do you set the relief valve at.  Also the name plate on the vessel must show maximum external pressure and maximum internal pressure.  This would also be required to determine the number of bolts holding the viewports in.  Hugh